This afternoon, we had a great time. But the day began with you sneaking into my room while I was still asleep. I felt several kisses being planted on my head and cheeks and lips, with a few little giggles and lots of quick breathing. I can't tell you how much I love those morning kisses. They are so tender and loving. You had a busy morning after that, meeting up with Kuya Rage, who now lives in a different house, eating breakfast with Mommy and playing at Active Fun for the first time. After your nap and lunch, you and I read the story Henry Helps Make Cookies. Then, we attempted to make our own chocolate chip cookies. You were such a big helper! You listened, held the tools, poured in ingredients and helped eat the chocolate chips and lick the spoons. You got excited when the cookies were done so we could try them with milk. Yum!
Afterwards, we went to the park where you happily dribbled your new basketball and joined in with some local kids as they played Hide n Seek. You love the older kids. When we got home, I untied your double knots and left you downstairs to untie the rest of your shoelaces and put your shoes away. I was shocked when three minutes later, without a peep of frustration, you came upstairs, with shoes in hand, and placed them where they normally go. I made toasted cheese sandwiches as you played football and wanted me to be the announcer for the Seahawks. It was a super fun afternoon, but the best part was yet to come...
You enjoyed your bath time, as you usually do. Your play is becoming more complex as you create characters, sink ships, make storms, prepare coffee, play slippery fish and blow bubbles. Tonight, you noticed the tiny ripples the water made as it fell off your shovel and onto the tile floor of the shower. You would exclaim, "Look Mommy! The boat is in the storm. The waves are coming! Look, the waves are going under the bucket! Mommy, Mommy look! The waves are a shadow on the wall!" And they were. If you looked closely at the white wall of the shower, you could see the faint shadows of the water moving, which looked really pretty. You are so observant, Aiston. Listening to you discover these things puts a huge smile on my face.
After you got out of the bath, I wrapped you up to start drying you off, but you held me in a hug with both hands. You held me there for a very long time. You told me I was the Mommy Rabbit and you were the Baby Rabbit. We gave each other rabbit kisses while squinching up our noses. You kept telling me I was the Mommy Rabbit, you were the Baby Rabbit and that you loved me. It was the most unexpected, sweetest, most precious twenty seconds ever. You melted my heart completely. It brings tears to my eyes now as I write about it. Goodness, I love you more than anything, my child. You are truly a wonder.
The night continued to melt me as we read together. We found a Cinderella book and relived our play experience yesterday. Then, we reread Henry Helps Make Cookies, but exchanged the word Henry for Aiston. You loved that and we smiled and cuddled as we remembered what we did this afternoon. We gave each other big hugs, kisses and "I love yous" and we were both smiling with our hands on our lips as if to blow kisses as I closed the door to your room.
We have been planning for our upcoming trip to Bohol tomorrow. You know exactly where we are going, who with and what we will do. You continue to impress me with your memory, your ability to express yourself and your love of life.
I love you, Aiston. To "infinity anabeyaaaaawn!"
Mom




I second that love, you are such a wonder and we are so lucky to have you in all our lives!
ReplyDelete