Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bohol

While Daddy was back in the U.S. for a science conference and to enjoy the Pacific Northwest in the Fall (his first since we have been teaching overseas), you and I traveled to Bohol with the Freemans for some beach and pool time.While we were there, we felt an afterschock. The town was quite deserted and it felt a bit strange to be there, but we had a great time.
One day, we went boating to an island. You played in the soft white sand with Maya and Aaron and Jared and ate lots of snacks.
We went out for dinners (with JC as our driver) and stayed in for dinners and hung out on the beach with TJ and Tevin for an afternoon. But most of the time, you were just content to stay at Alona Swiss, swimming and splashing in the pool.
 

This trip, you really started dunking your head under the water by yourself, and liking it! You were so proud of yourself every time you leaned forward and plopped your head into the pool. You are getting better at holding your breath so you don't swallow the pool water! You and Jared also got along really well. You kept holding hands and playing together and having conversations. Jared called you "My other brother" many times.
 
And, what's even more awesome is that you really, really wanted to wear your water wings and use the ring - for the first time. You started with both, just to get the feel of floating. After you got comfortable, you stepped out of the ring and just swam around using the water wings. You even took off the water wings at one point and realized right away that you would sink if you didn't move your arms and legs. It was so fun to watch you figure it all out.
Most exciting was when you decided to try out your wings and ring in the bog pool! I could leave you to swim on your own (of course I was still within reaching distance), and you managed it all by yourself! You kicked your feet and pumped your arms. We swam back and forth the whole length of the pool several times and you had a blast!
You even pretended to sleep while back floating. It was hilariously cute.
I can't get enough of your smiles!

I had lots of fun with you over the holiday, Ace. You and I did really well together. No major meltdowns, lots of fun and a great connection. I love you, big boy!

xoxo,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. What a fun, special mommy and me time, can never get enough of those moments, I love you big guy!

    ReplyDelete