For Easter vacation, Mommy and Daddy took me, along with Tita Kristy, to someplace way far away from home. We had to get on an airplane to get there! And then we had to drive! And then we had to take a boat! I liked all of those things.
We visited some island called Sangat. Our room was just a Nipa hut with no a/c. That made me get all hot and sweaty and I had trouble sleeping. I got lots of bumps on my skin, too, and they made me all itchy scratchy. I think I made Mommy and Daddy mad because I woke up a lot and cried my eyes out. But, once, my plan worked and I got to sleep with Mommy and Daddy on their bed. Heh.
This island had lots of grass and dirt and sand. I don't like my feet touching those things so much. And Mommy and Daddy only let me play on the deck with no railings if I was sitting down or holding someone's hand, but everyone knows that's not very much fun! I wanted to explore! So sometimes, when no one was looking, I'd make a beeline for the stairs leading back up to the deck. But then someone would see me and I'd have to sit down or hold hands again.
Daddy sometimes went in this thing called a hammock. I don't like those things because they move back and forth all wobbly-like.I like them if Daddy lets me play with his sunglasses, though.
And the ocean was scary! It made lots of noise when the waves crashed against the shore and that made me nervous. But I did swim a little bit and I even went in the floatie a few times. And I liked splashing around and making silly faces with Mommy and watching TK do some weird swimming with seaweed stuck to her foot. Mommy and Daddy also made me wear this ridiculous red life jacket when we went on a kayak to paddle around the island. Good thing I fell asleep on the journey so I didn't have to remember how hot I was in that thing. And how huge I felt. And how I could barely move. Mommy laughed so hard at me I thought she was going to burst.
Daddy took me on some walks and he says I even fell asleep when we were doing a big hike up and down the mountain. He says I must have been really tired from all my crying and whining. I don't know what he means. Daddy also played ball with me and did some cool moves like flying with me.
Also, I got sick on the trip. It started out with eye boogers (as Mommy calls them) and then turned into a runny nose and a big cough. I was constantly being bombarded with the kleenex, which was very annoying.
Tita Kristy was good to me. She stayed in our room with us and Mommy thinks that might be the last time she does that. I wonder why she thinks that? TK and me walked and ran and played with my toys. Sometimes I sat in the blow-up pool and sometimes I got to share some toys with another boy at the resort. Even I got to run around without my clothes on! That was great and I peed about five times on the Earth before Mommy said it was time to put on my diaper.
I got to eat my meals with everyone else who was staying there. There were lots of girls working there who kept giving me smiles and squeaks and pats. Sometimes they even lifted me out of my chair while I was eating and carried me around. I didn't mind though because I am good at being cute and sweet with people like that. My favorite thing to do was roam around the restaurant area because there were so many stairs and things to look at. There were even two dogs to pet and get excited about! I did my best imitation by going "he-he-he-he-he." I think they do that when they get hot. They have so much fur. And I don't have fur like that. That's why I don't go "he-he-he-he-he."
When we got home from our trip, we had some days where it was just Mommy, Daddy and me. I was still sick, but we spent lots of time together, which I like. And I got to sleep in my own bed with all my elephants and the a/c.
When we got home from our trip, we had some days where it was just Mommy, Daddy and me. I was still sick, but we spent lots of time together, which I like. And I got to sleep in my own bed with all my elephants and the a/c.


Sounds like quite a vacation....... but at least with your mommy and daddy, it's always an adventure....... sometimes more memorable than others........ just wait until your adventures with your Gramlola........
ReplyDelete