Saturday, March 10, 2012

From Four to Two!

At 14.5 months, I can officially walk on my own two feet! No more dirty hands, except when I fall. And I fall a lot. But I also run! And sometimes I bonk myself on things. And sometimes I really don't like the prickles of grass or the scratchiness of sand. But I like this new feeling of freedom. And the world looks a little different from my higher vantage point.

I can also feed myself. Sometimes I eat like a big boy and don't make any messes. But I usually make messes. I love to hold my own spoon and do it my own way. Mommy is getting more and more patient with letting me try. And I like to eat all kinds of food, except for mashed potatoes (too dry) and zucchini (bleh-that's my favorite spit-out food). And I can hold my cup of milk or water and drink without spilling. Unless I'm frustrated. Then I spill on purpose.

And I got my first real haircut recently (not the kind from Mommy, which made Daddy laugh and get his eyes real big and his eyebrows all arched). Mom said it made me look older. I don't know what she means.

Daddy and I love to rough-house. I like it when Daddy throws me into the air, flips me over, makes me fly, plays chase with me, makes me go shake-shake-shake, does crazy dancing, bounces with me, pretends to drop me and turns me upside down. I can handle it all. 
And I like to explore all sorts of new things. Mommy and Daddy make me figure things out by myself, which sometimes makes me happy, but sometimes makes me frustrated. Mom says I've got to learn how to be a problem-solver.

This is my favorite book to read right now. I like it because I can turn the pages myself and look at all the people. I can also point to their body parts and then to mine. I know eyes, ears, nose, mouth and hair. Oh, and toes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ace, you don't know this yet but you are one lucky little boy to have such a talented mommy and daddy who love you so very much but who also record your life in such a beautiful way that not only you but all your extended family can follow your experiences and share in your many memories, I guess we are all very lucky, mostly to have you in our lives, I love you!

    ReplyDelete