Monday, August 19, 2013

My First Summer at Washougal River

Okay, soooo...I have been hearing about this place called Washougal River for a long, long time. Mommy and Daddy kept showing me pictures. They always talked about it. And they still do! But, this summer, when Mommy and Daddy stopped working, I actually got to SEE it.

We went on the longest plane ride ever. We took a big, big plane. Mom said I only slept for two hours the whole way to Seattle, but I didn't mind. I kept myself occupied with my new open-and-close car, squirt rings thingy, books, pipe cleaners, the remote control and the iPad. 

I spent my first few days in the United States at Lola's house in Seattle. We took walks to the playground and the beach almost every day. I got to drive the pirate ship and throw rocks in the ocean. We went to this place called Kiss Cafe a lot - those three adults like to drink "bea" (beer) too much, but I liked the snacks! We went to the Locks and saw the fish and I met my cousins Riley and Rowan, my Auntie Kerry and Uncle Mark, and my GG Ray, GG Janet, GG Bill and Great Grammie.
Then, we got to drive down to my other home, with a stop at one of Dad's favorite fast food restaurants Burgerville, where I had my first milkshake.
Mom and Lola painted and decorated my new bedroom. I was a big boy and slept in the trundle bed.
I helped Dad with the wood chips in the front. There were A LOT of wood chips. I think it took us all summer.
But this was my favorite, favorite thing: the river. I went swimming almost every day. I threw rocks, I scraped my knees, I went fishing, I tried kayaking all by myself, I rode the rapids with Daddy, and I had lots and lots of fun being outside. This was where Mommy and Daddy showed their very happy sides.
When I was at the river house, I helped Daddy blow up the inner tubes. I rode my new bike from Great Grammie. I put sticks in the fire pit and watched the fire at night. I did lots of playing with my cousin Shayde. I hung out with Tito Jeremy on the river and with the dogs, Tucker and Lucy. I am good with big dogs now. I loved cooking and reading with Tita Tearie. And I got to meet my Papa Tim, my Nana and Bapa, my Tita Val and Tito Josh, my cousins Zeke and Gabe, my Tito Ryan Marsh and my Tito Aaron and Tita MK. I also got to spend time with my Tito Ryan who visited us from Texas and with Hannah, Sam and Lily, who I know from Manila. Lola even watched me for a few days while Mommy and Daddy went away for their anniversary or something like that. 
This summer was also great because Tita Kristy came to visit from Canada. It rained the whole time she was with us, except for the last day. It always rains when she visits! But, we drove to Hood River for a picnic and a play on the beach. And I got to eat ice cream. My Tita Kristy is one silly lady!
Mom and Dad say that one of the best things about the Pacific Northwest in the summertime is going to the coast. I did my first camping in a tent at Cape Lookout, where it rained most of the time and I bundled up in lots of layers! We took some walks in the woods and I got caught up on a little reading. I also went to Pacific City, where it was super hot and I played Ladder Ball and climbed a humongous sand dune. I am not afraid of the sand anymore. Oh, and did I mention that I went bowling for my first time for my cousin Z's 3rd birthday party? The bowling ball even said "Ace" on it!!!
It was the best thing to go outside every day. Since I like grass now, I can run and play and dance and tumble. I really like my other home. And I want to go back already.

2 comments:

  1. Lola was so happy to have my Aceman home for the summer, we got to do so many things together, swim, run, dance, sing, eat lots of grapes, read, be silly and just enjoy all the wonders of the Pacific Northwest. It just wouldn't have been the same without you and your mommy and daddy, I'm so lucky, can't wait until next summer! Already counting the days.........I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace Man!!! What a wonderful, amazing summer you had meeting all of your family in America!! Livi and I are looking forward to her time to go home to America as well to meet her USA family. We are lucky to have you, Mommy and Daddy as part of our Philippines family here in Manila. We love you!! Love, Tita Mel and Olivia

    ReplyDelete