Monday, April 30, 2012

Such a Funny Boy

Aiston,

This afternoon, when we went in to get you up from your nap, I noticed that you were pant-less (which is totally fine by me since I think pants are often overrated). But, upon walking closer to your crib, Mommy and I saw that you were not only pant-less but diaper-less too! Somehow, you had managed to take off your velcroed-in-the-back G-pants, take out the cloth inside and while napping, pee on two large areas of your mattress. Mommy and I couldn't believe that you were stark naked from the waist down and that you had slept like that for two hours. What's more, you were so proud of yourself for having taken off your diaper that you were pointing to your penis and smiling, happy as could be. 

And tonight, you made Mommy and I laugh so hard, we were practically rolling on the floor. After you had gotten on your pajamas and clipped your fingernails with Mommy, we were having fun watching you try to walk around in your socks. The wooden floors are slick with socks on and you often lose your balance if you are not walking on a rug. Tonight, we were teasing you and calling you Captain Cartographer because you looked like a globe in your pj's with maps all over them. You were thinking we were being silly and you started hamming it up. Over and over again, you would start reversing your walk so that you could try to sit on your little rustic table and pretend to clip your nails. I would make the sound of a truck backing up and off you would go, backwards, towards the low table. Then we'd play stand up, sit down, over and over. Then you'd leave the little table, waddle over to us and then reverse again. You tried sitting in your chairs, too, but they are still too high for you. Mommy and I laughed and laughed. And once we got started, you wanted to join in, so you'd do your biggest laugh with your scrunchy face, which would crack us up even more. 

Mommy and I decided that it will now be necessary to bring the camera up to your room every night before bed.

Love you, our funny boy.
Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there for those laughs and giggles, nothing sweeter to the ear......

    ReplyDelete